Thread: Issue with Ryobi 9" bandsaw

Issue with Ryobi 9" bandsaw

I know it's a cheapo bandsaw, but I needed one a few months back, so I picked it up. However, last week, I was cutting something on it and it sounded like it was binding and the blade stopped spinning. I shut it down and looked inside the doors and noticed the belt slipped off the motor. No biggie, slip it back on...turned it on again and the same thing happened. I opened the doors again, but couldn't slip the belt back on. I loosened the bolt on the back that allows the motor to move left/right so I could get the belt back on. Now, no matter how tight or loose the belt is on the shaft, it always slips off. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Im no expert. These things came to mind and are easy to address......
    Is the belt glazed? That could make it slip. You may be able to find a replacement at an autoparts store. Is the shaft clean? Oil from your fingers? Use some alcohol to clean it.

Good luck Kevin.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”