Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weed Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    When we first got this place, there was a unopened 5 gallon metal can of 2,4,5-T. That and some scrap metal has been all that we've ever had stolen. I figured the thief did me a favor on that chemical. I had no inclination to use it, and didn't know how to dispose of it.
    Here in farm country there are collection sites usually annually for unused farm chemicals. I would assume that even 2,4,5-T would be eligible. The worst thing about the metal cans that the chemicals used to come in is they always eventually rusted through.

I have used straight vinegar without the salt for killing weeds. Stronger solutions, I think up to 20 percent, do better than the basic grocery store variety. It is not that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodin View Post
    I have used straight vinegar without the salt for killing weeds. Stronger solutions, I think up to 20 percent, do better than the basic grocery store variety. It is not that expensive.
    I do use the epsom salt in the mixture I make plus the requisite small amount of Dawn dishwashing soap which helps it stick to the plants being treated. The wire vinegar is what does the primary job, however. The white vinegar is quite inexpensive especially from Costco or similar in the large containers.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...