Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My "Bucket List" project is complete!

Beautiful work.

I have always loved the comb back Windsor chair form. It is on my bucket list as well. You did the form more than justice. Each of the pieces, turnings, seat and back come together in your example. Really good work. Are you going to do all the chairs as arm chairs or are you considering doing the side chairs?
    Dan Carroll

Fantastic John. Anyone would be proud to have that.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Mark and Steve, thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dan, I appreciate the kind words and I would encourage you to get started on your comb back. By far, it is the most satisfying work I have done. I have started the next one and it will be identical to this one, but hopefully more refined. I am pleased with this chair, but as is always the case, there are some minor things I will do differently/better, I hope. I probably will choose another color, but decisions haven't been made on that yet. Now that I feel I understand milk paint much better, that process should be easier than it was on this one.

I don't intend on doing a "set" of chairs. We have dining room chairs that are Amish made, and match the table, so I don't have a need to replace those. In my opinion, the comb back is the "regal" of the Windsors, and my favorite style. After this next comb back, I may do another style - perhaps a sack back or fan back, either of which are appealing to me.

Left click my name for homepage link.