Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Good enough vs overkill

It's all due to labor costs on that front Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Did Stradivarius and Guarneri actually make the best-sounding violins? Apparently that's just, like, your opinion man. https://www.livescience.com/44651-ne...adivarius.html
    Reminds me of years ago when flat screen TV's were getting cheap and popular, there was lots of internet chatter about how they needed the colors 'tuned up', which brands tuned up best, which color graphs to use for self-tuning, which professionals to hire if you wanted it done right-- I always thought that was overkill since every TV network broadcasts differently, every movie director and TV show producer uses colors differently. 2 shows come to mind, the movie "Payback" filmed with so little color it's almost in black & white, and Miami Vice, where the colors are so overcooked it's almost like watching a live action cartoon. And as noted above, what looks good to one person may not look so good to someone else (my stepson tells me he doesn't like the yellows on our 70" Sharp Aquos Quattron, which has yellow pixels)

My TV's get a one-time 'brightness-contrast-color-tint-sharpness' tweak about 1 minutes worth, never to be touched again
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle