Thread: Grizzly T10811 - 5.5" Wood Lathe Chuck Set

Grizzly T10811 - 5.5" Wood Lathe Chuck Set

Anyone used this Chuck Set ? How is the quality and does it come with the 1-8 insert , or do I have to buy that separately ?

Not familiar with the chuck but it is direct threaded to fit a 1” x 8 TPI spindle. So no adapter needed.

I have one. It's ok for the money. I've had no problems. Lots of jaws. Runs true. I've turned 20" bowls. I like mine.

Cpb

I have two of them. My lathe has a 1-1/4 x 8 spindle, so I used an adapter to get down to the 1" x 8 tpi of the chuck. I bought the first one because I wanted a set: screw chuck, 2-1/2" jaws, 5" jaws, pin jaws and a Cole chuck. At the time the cost was around $210 or so. I thought it was a reasonable deal. I liked it enough that I bought a second one so that I didn't have to keep switching jaws.

I've had no problems with either of them.

There is no adapter. It is a 1" x 8 tpi direct thread.

I have one also. My Super Nova II works great but I have been turning larger bowls and can drive to the Griz showroom. Seems to be a good value-holds heavy blanks well, turns true, easy to work with. I needed the insert as well and it adds~1' extension off the spindle.

Does Grizzly ever put that chuck set on sale ???

I haven't seen it on sale, but sometimes people will post that they have a 10% (or something) discount code and they share that code.

Is this the same Chuck set that is also sold on Amazon and Walmart ? I thought Grizzly tools could only be bought from Grizzly ?? If it is the same set as on the Grizzly website, it must be a good Chuck set. Amazon and Walmart are almost sold out !!