Thread: Persian Meel Project

Persian Meel Project

It's been 6 months since rotator cuff surgery. Starting to feel good about range of motion improvement but haven't been satisfied with getting strength back with the exercises I've been doing. Discovered the idea of swinging Persian meels/Indian clubs for increasing motion & strength. These are 20.5" long and 3.5" at the widest point. Pieces are oak and not my first choice of material but was the only thing I could find in my wood stash that was dimensionally useable. First one came in at 3.5 lbs. and the second came in 2 ounces lighter so kind of happy with that. Probably going to make another set that would be in the under 2 lb. range and be more of a bowling pin or Indian club style. Here's a couple pics of the project.

persian4.jpgpersian5.jpgpersian e.jpgpersian f.jpg
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

A decade ago I had rotator cuff surgery to re-attach two torn tendons. When I was starting physical "terrorism" I went to a sporting goods store to buy a 1 pound weight. A cute 20-something year old cashier rang me up and then asked me if I needed help out to my car with my purchase. Made me laugh. Good sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    When I was starting physical "terrorism"
    Had a good chuckle over your term Brice. Certainly an accurate description.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    A decade ago I had rotator cuff surgery to re-attach two torn tendons. When I was starting physical "terrorism" I went to a sporting goods store to buy a 1 pound weight. A cute 20-something year old cashier rang me up and then asked me if I needed help out to my car with my purchase. Made me laugh. Good sense of humor.
    Been there done that ... twice ... on the same shoulder.

I hope that you accepted the young lady's offer to carry that heavy weight to your vehicle.
    Bill

I know a number of jugglers... "Pins when I juggle them, clubs when they hit me." Even with this style of pin... I started with my framing hammer.... Wood handle of course.

robo hippy