Thread: Clear Acrylic is getting hard to find

Clear Acrylic is getting hard to find

This week I was commissioned to build a couple sneeze guards for a local dentist's office. When i tried to place an order I found that my local supplier was no longer selling full sheets of clear acrylic. He cut the two pieces I needed because I am a good customer. It seems that the drops are now pretty valuable, they must be because the two pieces I purchased were pretty expensive...almost double the usual price. I was told that one company sent their truck from Chicago to Miami just to get 8 full sheets.

Companies from coast to coast must be needing sneeze guards.

Keith
    A friend of mine is up in Iowa and close to meat processing plants. He has been cutting acrylic sneeze guards continuously for weeks. He said that he bought $100,000 worth of acrylic.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

This has got me wondering it seems ok to build a sneeze guard for every business under the sun , But I tries wearing a clear face shield into places and they said that was not good enough I had to have a mask. I don't get it.
    Oh Looks like Delvies has clear cast sheets
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    southeast plastics in North Carolina had a Lot at good price a week or so back. it was NOT cast, so no engraving, just for cutting guards.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I expect that there will be an unbelievable number of sneeze guards made in the coming weeks and months. Anyone who is in need of work should look into the possibility of providing custom sneeze guards in your local area. I made stands from Corian for the two guards I built but most people are just cutting slots to make the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I expect that there will be an unbelievable number of sneeze guards made in the coming weeks and months. Anyone who is in need of work should look into the possibility of providing custom sneeze guards in your local area. I made stands from Corian for the two guards I built but most people are just cutting slots to make the stands.
    There will also be a great deal of money made by selling stick-on gag- inducing messy sneezes.