Thread: Florida Woodworkers: Sawmill in Florida that sells Rosewood

Florida Woodworkers: Sawmill in Florida that sells Rosewood

For any Florida Woodworkers on the forum:

I remember there was an advertisement in one of the Woodworking Magazines years ago about a sawmill in Florida, that cut and sold Rosewood that was grown in Florida; in addition to other types of lumber from trees that grow in Florida. Does anyone here know of that place, and if they are still around ?

Try Viable Lumber Co.

Blog Entries
    Hi Clarence, where are you in Florida? There are quite a few places you can find Sissoo Rosewood, the question is do you want it green or kiln dried? Also are you looking for lumber, slabs, or turning stock? A lot or a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    For any Florida Woodworkers on the forum:

I remember there was an advertisement in one of the Woodworking Magazines years ago about a sawmill in Florida, that cut and sold Rosewood that was grown in Florida; in addition to other types of lumber from trees that grow in Florida. Does anyone here know of that place, and if they are still around ?
    Clarence, I'm located in Ormond Beach, FL (Mainstream Hardwoods). I have about 300bdft+ of Burmese Rosewood slabs for sale. Most are 2-5' long x 2-3" x 9-20" wide. All cut from a few large burmese rosewood trees down in the keys about 10 years ago.

Not sure what size you're looking for. Haven't heard of any large rosewood sources down here though. Most of the scattered selection of rosewood trees only down towards the keys as far as I know.