Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felder, SCM and ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chouinard View Post
    Where would one look for a used three phase slider?
    There's a used Altendorf on San Francisco Craigslist. Of course, that's little help if you're on the East Coast. You should fill out your profile so your location shows on your posts.

I would endorse the idea of finding a used machine in good condition. They're out there, and a good value vs new. There are about 10 on the Woodweb exchange right now including a Martin T71 for only $4k. It looks a little rough, but if it checked out could be a great saw.

Thanks for the tip Jamie. San Fran is a bit far from the NH seacoast. Profile updated.

There’s a pretty clean looking late model 12’ Martin T72 A on Allentown PA CL. Seller is asking $15k and has a forklift to assist with loading.

Day’s drive from Portsmouth.

I have a Hammer K4 Perform on order. If you are considering Felder, I can highly recommend Erik Loza. He has been awesome to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Hunt View Post
    I have a Hammer K4 Perform on order. If you are considering Felder, I can highly recommend Erik Loza. He has been awesome to work with.
    Erik is a fine human being that I've known for many years. You are in good hands!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Any opinions on the Robland E2500 that anyone would like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Woodweb, CL, Facebook Marketplace, etc. There are also some decent dealers whose upcharge is reasonable if you don't know much about machines. There are risks of course if you don't do your homework but I see so many complaints about new machines, the risks don't seem so bad given the savings. You do need to understand something about machinery and three phase though. Not hard to learn but takes some time. The benefits are great though. Dave
    What kind of complaints are common to new machines?

Hi. Just wondering which SCM table saw model(s) would be a reasonable comparison feature-wise to the Felder K700s? The K700s gets good reviews, but I am also hearing positive things about SCM, so I would like to compare apples to apples (if possible). I'm not looking at buying anything for at least 6 months, so I would rather not approach a salesperson yet (eventually it would be nice to see both at a trade show). If anyone can offer their thoughts, that would be great!

We just got a Griggio at work but haven’t set it up yet. I used to have a big Grizzly slider that I liked just as much as the SCM we had at a prior job. The new Grizzly sliders are very nice and well made. You can get a 12” Grizzly decked out with a 126” cross cut capacity for under $7,000.