Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moon Gates

Moon Gates

I have built several moon gates over the years, but these are the nicest by far. They utilize our 'woven wood' method for infill.

Please adjust your viewing angle.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 05-26-2020 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Rotated pic
    I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Beautiful work what kind of wood

what is the method?

very nice looking gates.

Looks great and with the basket weave it’s very whimsical. Alaskan yellow cedar?
    Aj

What kind of sorcery is this! I have seen three projects recently with a variation of the woven lattice work; it has give me quite a headache trying to figure out how it was done. I trust we will find out soon?

Beautiful Gates.

I love building moon gates too, for an almost spiritual reason!

Edit- sorry trying to delete my inappropriate post and pics but it doesn't stick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Wood; 05-26-2020 at 4:34 PM.
    WoodsShop

That's really wonderful work - very inventive and original. Congratulations!

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

David, those are beautiful. What are the dimensions?

Beautiful workmanship. Would love to hear more about your technique for weaving it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Sorry, how do I delete my inappropriate post and photos? I go to Edit and see Delete Post but it doesn't stick?
    WoodsShop

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Wood View Post
    Sorry, how do I delete my inappropriate post and photos? I go to Edit and see Delete Post but it doesn't stick?
    I missed something? What is inappropriate? Your gates are gorgeous....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Wood View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't delete the entire original post, because it is now the anchor for the other posts in the thread. However, maybe you can edit the original post to remove all the text and maybe the photo too. If you can do that, you might leave a note in the edited post saying that you removed the content.

Joe,

At the top of the page under quick links/view site leaders you will find a list of moderators. I can't tell who is responsible for this subforum, but one of them should be able to point you in the right direction to delete the post.

I assume you have a good reason, but I think it's quite appropriate, your work is beautiful.

It's kind of too late now, my reason was I realized I was stealing David's thunder right after I posted.
    WoodsShop

Joe, that is very considerate and sensitive, but David has been doing Arch WW for 50 years. As Such, i imagine he is as interested in seeing your gates as much as the rest of us, and probably understands the complexity, difficulty and craftsmanship more than most of us.

JMHO, YMMV. Patrick