Thread: Delta Dust Collection Bags

Delta Dust Collection Bags

Yesterday, I purchased a used Delta Dust Collector. 2 HP with 2 bags. It has felt type bags. Can I wash these bags in the washing machine. I am thinking of putting a plastic bag on the bottom. This is going to be set up for use on two router tables only. One at a time. It is presently wired for 220. Any thoughts of going to 110?
    This may happen, but like many others I am overwhelmed with yard work and getting the garden in. My friend with the sawmill cut me 50 1x1x7 oak tomato stakes. Memorial Day is early this year and all ceremonies have been canceled due to Corvid19.
    Thanks in advance, Kevin

yes you can wash the felt bags, I turn them inside out and vacuum them with a shop vacuum with fine dust paper filter along with the filter cartridge then wash them.
    good luck
    Ron

Look around the labeling on the motor to see if there's any sign that the machine can be converted to 110. Or open the connection box to see if there's a label showing how to change the connections to make it 110. There's a good chance it can't be converted. If it really is 2 hp, it will draw more current from 110 than the usual house wiring can safely provide.

A downside to washing the bags is that you may reduce the collection performance. The dust cake on the inside of the bag is actually part of the filter. It catches dust, and prevents it from going back out into the shop.

I wash my Delta bag about once or twice a year. In between washings, I turn it inside out and then knock them against pole outside (with the wind blowing behind me) anytime they start building up too much back pressure. This can be as often as once a week if I'm turning or sanding a lot. Suggest keeping a trash can separator in front of the dust collector especially if you do any turning.