Thread: Jet JWP-15CS 15" Planer Enclosed Stand Door & Terminus Cutter Head

Jet JWP-15CS 15" Planer Enclosed Stand Door & Terminus Cutter Head

I bought a used Jet JWP-15CS planer pretty cheaply, with repairs needed. Can anyone with a 15CS or similar planer with the enclosed stand take a somewhat closeup picture of the removable door panel on the outfeed side of the stand? Mine doesn't have one and a replacement is $55. I plan to make one out of sheet metal and I would like to get it close to original looking.

Also, has anyone purchased or at least inquired about a Terminus cutter head and got a quote for their 15" planer? If so, can you share the cost? My cutter head is damaged. It can be repaired, but the cost is almost the cost of a new replacement. I'm considering upgrading to a Byrd or Lux helical, but I stumbled across the Terminus while searching the forums and it really intrigued me. I tried to call them several times yesterday but never got an answer. Their website says they can make any custom cutter head. I'm wondering what the cost of that is.

Jarrett it should not be to hard to find a used cutter head for that planer with all the heads that have been pulled by others installing Byrd heads.

If you want a helical cutterhead, Grizzly sells them to fit other brands.

Mike, I hadn't even thought about locating an original straight knife cutter from someone who made the swap. I will look into that.

Jim, thanks for the heads up on the Grizzly helical cutter. I'll put that one in the running.

I got a response back from Terminus. Unfortunately, they no longer make a custom arbor in 15" size.

Thanks guys!