Thread: Lazy Susan replacement

Lazy Susan replacement

When we bought this house, we knew the kitchen cabs were some sort of a Lowes Product. Corner base cabinet had a fold out door and a Lazy Susan/ carousel.
    Short story the welds holding the shelves to the stem have failed. Overloaded? Yeah, probably, Louisa has some serious cookware, not cast iron, but some fairly stout stuff. Question is Are there any lazy susans out there that are significantly sturdier than the rest? It's going to be a pain replacing this thing with a new one. I'm nowhere as limber as I once was and I don't want to do this a second time so studier is the goal, Ideas please.

John Gustafson

In doing some research for lazy susan hardware a while back, I encountered some hardware that was rated for a lot of weight. I'll go back and see if I can find them again. But they're out there.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Hi John,

Take a look at Hafele and Rev-A-Shelf. They're both pretty good and widely available. I used a lot of Hafele when I was doing production cabinets and never had a callback.

Cheers,

Mark

I've used the steel Lee-Valley 9" and 12" ... reasonably priced and will support a lot of weight.