Thread: Agazzani B20 price

Agazzani B20 price

I’ve decided to sell my B20 bandsaw I got 10 years ago For a variety of reasons. Problem is they don’t seem to be available anymore. Usually I would price it between 1/2 to 2/3 of the price of a new one depending on its condition ets, but in this case I have no idea what to base a price on.

Back when Agazzani bandsaws were still sold in the US, they were considered competitive with Laguna's Italian-built saws. Those are still sold new, so maybe they could be your basis. However, I think your rule of thumb should be discounted for the fact that Agazzani saws are no longer sold here. Furthermore, new bandsaws generally have bigger resaw capacity, better blade guides, and bigger motors.

Pick your price and advertise it on Craig’s list in nearby areas as well as local.

Lower the price gradually if there are no bites.

Sell when someone shows up with the cash.

What I would do I guess. Watched others doing the same in my area and eventually
    the items were sold. Missed a nice 24 inch Italian bandsaw by the way. Price dropped
    to about half of the original price when it sold.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

What did it sell for new? What’s the HP, re-saw capacity, euro guides or?

I bought ‘86 Steton S500 (basically exact same as Scmi, minimax 20” of that era) a handful of years back and paid $750 and thought I was getting a pretty solid deal. Single phase, 2HP, 13” resaw, Euro guides, large table, can properly tension 1” blade.

Doesn’t exactly compete in the re-saw wars of today’s saws or with Laguna’s ceramic guides, but it is a stout and dependable mid-sized machine that I’d have a hard time selling for less than $1k if for some reason something markedly better showed up on my doorstep.
    Still waters run deep.

Aggis are well loved by those who know bandsaws so that is good. Does it have the beefed up trunnions? Aggi changed the weak link in their saws ( trunnions ) and if yours is after, 2K might be doable and 1500 for sure. If before, a little less. Dave

I sold mine about 6 years ago, due to a move. It went for $1800, after about a week on CL.

John,
    Are you still selling your bandsaw? I am interested. I live in Sacramento also.

Steve

You should PM the OP, he hasn’t been active since he posted this thread. Maybe a PM would alert him via email and he would come back.

Thanks, I tried but no response.

Steve