Thread: How to reply to a thread so everyone on it is notified

How to reply to a thread so everyone on it is notified

Newbie question...If I'm an OP and had several people respond, but in the end I have a final outcome I want to share with everyone - how do I post a response on my thread that everyone will get the notification of the post?

You can't force a notification to a thread you started. Only members who subscribed to the thread will be notified when new posts are made in it.

AFAIK, that's not up to you. All you can do is post a reply to the thread. Other members have the option of subscribing to a thread, and upon subscribing they have the option of if/when to get notified of additional posts. Many of us here just review all new posts when we log in....if someone is interested in the outcome, they will likely see it.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    You can subscribe to a thread (even your own threads) using "Thread Tools" and you will get a notification in your control panel or via email (must be a contributor to get emails) that will send you a notification every time someone responds to your thread or a thread you have subscribed to. There is no way for you to force notifications to anyone that is not subscribed to the thread.

Any time someone posts a reply to a thread that thread will move up on the list of threads.

If you remember to go up to the top menu bar before you leave SMC each time and click on "Forum Actions" then select "Mark all Forums read"you can clear all threads whether you have read them or not so the next time you come in the threads that say action since your last visit will be highlighted.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 05-22-2020 at 6:14 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Multi quote the people you want to be notified. They will get a notice that you quoted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Multi quote the people you want to be notified. They will get a notice that you quoted them.
    Only if they have elected to be notified. I have notifications turned off, for example.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Not sure if it's a sign of the times, but just hearing this question gets my hackles up.