Thread: K40 Laser Weak Burn

Unhappy K40 Laser Weak Burn

Not sure if this is the proper forum to post an issue but i'm at a loss on figuring out a problem that looked to be so obvious. I own 2 Chinese k40 laser cutters, one that wasn't really being used much started having a weak burn. I immediately thought it has to be the laser tube so I replaced it. The new one was no different. It will engrave wood and other material but barely even if i bumped up the power on the digital panel. I can hear the frequency change as I test burn but the power really doesn't change much. Mirrors are perfectly aligned, New and clean. I filmed the laser tube and its stable with a nice purple color so from what I read, it should be OK. What else could be cause a weak burn? Maybe a bad power supply or Digital Panel?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marcel Barth; 05-21-2020 at 1:54 PM.

Probably a bad power supply, but it's hard to say. Also, there's a Laser cutting subforum- this should probably get moved over there.

check to make sure your beams not hitting the cone
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander