My grandfather got into woodworking late in life when my father was too busy to be bothered with it so he moved all his tools and a few new ones including this bench to my grandfathers basement. My Grandfather used the bench for woodworking for about 2 years before he kind of lost interest then it became a catchall and used for all types of house projects, and for grand kids to come over with their projects(so there are minor imperfections do to the misuse, all cosmetic or correctable.) My grandfather died about 5 years ago and once owned a home where I could host tools I was supposed to get the tools, but my grandmother said no they are for everyone. 5 years goes by and I've stocked my garage with all but a good workbench which i had planned to build in the next year or s, I even bought 2 twin turbo vices.

My questions are as follows.
I would like to take a light sanding to the surface and a plane to the box joints that have come a little out of perfection. What should I coat the bench with after that?
I really wanted to use the twin turbo vices. Should I bastardize this thing? or sell off the vices.(im thinking sell the vices)

Bench is identical to this with the exception of 9 drawers instead of 6/cabinet
https://www.finewoodworking.com/foru...-to-ask-for-it