Thread: Super nova2 chuck flash sale at woodcraft

Super nova2 chuck flash sale at woodcraft

Woodcraft has a flash sale on the super nova 2 1 1/4”x8 threaded chuck, 169.99. Better hurry the sale ends tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Siegrist View Post
    Woodcraft has a flash sale on the super nova 2 1 1/4”x8 threaded chuck, 169.99. Better hurry the sale ends tonight!
    Hmm... It's $137.50 from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/TEKNATOOL-SUP.../dp/B0037M8KI2

Or does the Woodcraft deal include more?

I believe Woodcraft's sale was on the anniversary bundle, which includes 4" and 5" jaws and a case along with the direct threaded chuck and standard 2" jaws, so it's a good deal if you need the larger jaws.

The same bundle is normally available on Amazon, often at a similar price to what Woodcraft offered. I bought the bundle from CPO outlets thru Amazon about 1.5 years ago for $160. I see price is high now, but may come down again. Suggest using camelcamelcamel.com to set up a price alert if interested.

Only downside to the bundle is that the direct threaded chucks have no flats that you can put a wrench on to remove them from the lathe. There was a thread on SMC recently discussing that.

Home Depot Strap Wrench out of the plumbing department solves the problem with not having wrench flats. Cheap no damage solution.

gary