Thread: Magazines, I get several

Blog Entries

Magazines, I get several

that really do not get read. I put them in a stack in my office that's it.
    Am I the only one to do this?

I will not renew any subscriptions. I can always read the stack that have.

I’m glad Lowell that you are dropping your mag subscriptions. It appears from previous posts that doing so will take a major stressor out of your life. That said, life is interesting as our knowledge base changes and we find information that at one time was excitingly new now has become redundant and boring.
    Just like all of us older woodworkers.

I only get two now, Wood and WoodSmith. When they come in, read all the tips first, then scan thru rest of magazine to decide if I want to take it to the library when I'm going to be there awhile. After about a week, it goes to upstairs book cases.

Blog Entries
    Recently I discovered that our local library has digital access to many magazines, including WoodSmith, Woodworkers Journal, Popular Woodworking, Australiian Wood, and Woodcraft. All free if you have a library card and your local library supports it. Ours is called a Bibliogrph Library in San Antonio. You can also save articles and no more storage problems.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    that really do not get read. I put them in a stack in my office that's it.
    Am I the only one to do this?

I will not renew any subscriptions. I can always read the stack that have.

I've got several years worth not even opened. I am always planning on taking a look, and I don't want to miss out on anything - so I keep the subscriptions coming. The say "it's only money".
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    I've got several years worth not even opened. I am always planning on taking a look, and I don't want to miss out on anything - so I keep the subscriptions coming. The say "it's only money".
    David

Doing your part to stimulate the econmy?

I don't have any magazine subscriptions anymore. Last one I cancelled was FWW about a decade ago. I did recently get a digital subscription again to FWW.com for the 9.99 a month or whatever it is. There was a review I wanted to see, and I do sometimes miss being able to read the articles. I'll give it a year and reassess if I want to keep it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Doing your part to stimulate the econmy?

Yup! We got to keep it going!
    David

“Hello, my name is Lowell and I have a subscription addiction.”

LOL, my brother tosses his out after reading them, I keep mine and rarely look at them again....
    Rod

I have a pile of old magazines, thinking maybe I will need to look at them to find a project to build, but never seem to need to look, always someone wanting something. I have been building chests of drawers for new members to the family, think I need to start building multiples at a time. At least since I got my solar wood dryer up and running, I have a ready supply of dry lumber.