I think that I have finally talked my boss at the cabinet shop that I work at to buy some insert tooling this go around instead of continuing to invest in brazed cutters which eventually need replaced. He asked for me to do some research and find out the best value for the money. So far I have looked at Freeborn (the most expensive but probably the best), Schmidt, Freud, Amana, and Infinity just to make a few. I doubt that he will go with the Freeborn due to their price.

We need something that can run ogee, cove, round over profiles on the cabinet doors. It appears that some manufactures that I have checked into require a special separate head set for running the 22.5 degree shaker profiles. It would be nice if we could find a set of heads that could run the standard ogee, round over, cove and 22.5 degree shaker profiles all in one head. If not we will buy one set of shaker heads and one set of the other profiles heads.

Anyone care to chime in? It looks to me like Amana might be the best cost to performance ratio. I personally tried some Infinity cutters several years ago and did not like them performance wise. They might be better now though. They would be the cheapest.