Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what model planer to buy?

Lunch for two at McDonald's is $20 so one lunch a week from now until labor day and you can upgrade from the rigid to the DeWalt. The cutech looks interesting but that's lunches until veterans day.
    Younger me didn't even shop I just walked in and bought a Delta. It won't die so I'm stuck with it.

Blog Entries
    Here’s a plug for a way to keep your rubber feed rollers nice. The problem with rubber feed rollers is that they pick up dust and chips and don’t grip the wood as well. when you clean off the chips, the rollers have little dents in them.

In the printing industry, the sell a “rubber rejuvenator” for printing press rollers and blankets. It really works! I used to teach offset printing and when the rollers got nasty on my delta, I tried the stuff and the rollers were like new. You can find little 4oz bottles on Amazon.

I have a 735 and was thinking of taking off the fan, but couldn't find instructions to do that, and I have seen some posts that said that it would overheat... I never saw anything from Dewalt suggesting to disconnect it... I have a shelix head on the way, and would be interested in disconnecting the fan while everything is apart...

735 was a solid performer for me for a couple years but it is heavy and loud. I ended up building a flip top cart with it on one side and bench grinder/Ridgid oscillating spindle sander on the other.

Greenlee 110, 42" variety. At least that's my preference

20200608_201633.jpg