Thread: Felder FB510 Bandsaw

Felder FB510 Bandsaw

Good afternoon everyone. I posted to the Felder group but thought I would also ask here. I have a FB510 bandsaw purchased the end of March 2019. It has around 50-75 hours of use. I went to use it a couple of days ago and it did not sound right. The tire on the lower wheel was coming off towards the rear of the machine. I reinstalled and tried again. It ran for a short time and did it again and the upper tire came off towards the front of the machine. I checked the alignment of the wheels and the blade adjustment. Everything was correct. I have 1/2” blade on the machine. I did notice that the tires seemed very loose on the wheels. It very little effort to push them off. That didn’t seem right. Can the tires have stretched that much already. That doesn’t seem right for a saw with so little use.
    Thanks for any help

Mark Paavola

That would seem odd to me if the tires were not glued on. You should check to see if they are supposed to be.

Good Luck
    Aj

Andrew, according to my manual it doesn't say anything about glueing on replacements so I assume they do not glue them from the factory. I am waiting for tech support at Felder to get back to me. I have heard stories about possible defective tires from the factory. They appear to be rubber not urethane.

Mark

I’ve not owned a Felder bandsaw so I really don’t know. I like rubber better then Urethane. Hope you get it sorta quickly tires on a bandsaw are only second to a good blade.

Good Luck
    Aj

The tire on the drive wheel shouldn't be so loose as to just ride off, new ones are pretty difficult to muscle into position.

I'd replace both right away.

Bandsaw tires can be either rubber or polyurethane. I believe that rubber tires are glued on while polyurethane are not. Maybe those Felder tires are poly?

The tires aren't glued on, they should be really tight on the wheels.

Wait to see what Tech support says........Rod.

Well as it turns out something I read on the internet was true. I just heard back from tech support. Some FB510's In 2019 were made with too large of a tire. Felder is sending me 2 new tires. Problem solved. Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Mark
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-19-2020 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Defaulted font size

That is great to hear Mark. I love it when companies do the right thing.