Thread: New fence and stops for my Incra mitre gauge

New fence and stops for my Incra mitre gauge

A friend of mine just bought a Dewalt 7491 rs table saw. Leo has a small space to work in. The miter gauge provided is a bit short for most normal operations. A while back I acquired a generous stock of 1 1/2" square 80/20 aluminum stock. I made a batch of drill press tables with the material
    and still had enough to make 3 sets, stops included for a miter gauge setup. 1 RS 530.jpg Leo was convinced that a new miter gauge was necessary. 2 RS 712.jpg

The stops are the same that I use on all the drill press tables that I made. The difference is the magnetic fillers that hug the fence for
    the sharp miter point that always finds its way under the stop.3 RS 545.jpg4 RS 420.jpgThe self aligning aspect (the magnets are offset
    80 thousands) that pull the stop into the fence in both directions to make a tight fit. 5 RS 506.jpg
    These segments are 2 3/4 long each, 6 RS 423.jpg
    held together with tape and one rubber band. I was almost surprised at the accuracy of the Incra 100 SE.
    Epilog Mini 24-45W, Corel Draw X6, Photoshop CS5, Multi Cam CNC

Good idea! I'm not quite following you on the self-aligning part, nor how the magnets are placed. If you have time, could you explain that and perhaps include a picture? I have a use for this kind of stop.

Thannk you,
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Nice work and clever idea.

I have the same saw as your friend and the supplied DeWalt miter gauge is essentially worthless. The Incra solution will definitely be a big improvement.
    Dick Mahany.

Fred,
    I will take a few more pics when in the shop today.

Dick,
    Both of my friends have ordered the Incra V27 miter gauge, Leo was thrilled after trying mine. I have both the V27 and the 1000SE

The 1000SE is a very nice miter gauge and I really like mine.

On my 7491RS I found it useful to build a simple infeed table due to the short table size in front of the blade.
    I need to re-do the table to narrow the miter slot and groove it for the T-tab on the miter gauge.

DWE 7491 RS Infeed Table.JPG
    Dick Mahany.

Fred,

Pic #10 the flip stop is lifted, the mag filler moves in and down 10 RS 903.jpg

Pic #11 releasing the stop shows contact against the fence 11 RS 913.jpg

Pic #12 depressing the stop down automatically aligns it to the fence for a tight fit every-time 12 RS 921.jpg

Spec drawing showing the .08 offset magnets. The flip stops and mag fillers were CNC milled mitre guage flip stop sawmillcreek.jpg

Thank you Robert! I appreciate your help!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”