Thread: Help With a new Table saw Purchase.

Help With a new Table saw Purchase.

Hello everyone new to the group, I’m sure you all get a lot of these what should I buy questions. I have just recently had my table saw fail, unable to fix it. I have 3 specific saws spec out, now I was just wondering if anyone here had experience with them could pass some feedback or thoughts. Specific features that might come in handy. Choices are listed below in order of which I think best suits me.

Grizzly:

Model: G1023RLWX

MODEL: G0690

Model: G0652

I have no experience with Grizzly machines.

What HP G0652 are you considering?

The Grizzly web site for the G0652 table saw shows a 5 and 7 HP 3 Phase motor. Unless you have 3 Phase service, you will need to purchase a phase converter to power this machine. Grizzly sells several different phase converters starting out at US $250.00. The G0652 2 and 3 HP motors require 1 phase, and no need for a phase converter.

The G1023RLWX 5HP and the G0690 3HP require 200V, 1 phase power and again no need for a phase converter.
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 05-18-2020 at 4:18 PM.

Look for a better quality saw.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

I dropped several big bills on a SawStop PCS almost 5 years ago and I’m one seriously satisfied customer.

Sorry, I don’t have any experience with Grizzly table saws, but I have their jointer, drill press, shaper, disc sander, combo sander, and band saw and I’m happy with all of them. Overall they’re a solid company.

One of my former employees bought a 1023 with the longer fence. I have checked it out and used it a bit. It is a great saw,I would not hesitate to buy one . Every bit as good as my Rockwell Unisaw.The 690 is basically a direct copy of a Unisaw design.

I have an older 1023 and it has been, and still is, a great saw. Some on here "dis" Grizzly machines, but I've had good machines and good customer service for about 15 years from them.

I have a Grizzly G1023RLWX purchased new from Grizzly. This is a great saw and a joy to use. I have been dealing with Grizzly since 2007, purchased many machines from them (about 1/2 of them for metal working) and their customer service has always been great. They have a reputation for excellent customer service. If fact, that is the reason I purchased my first machine from them (G0509 lathe) back in 2007.
    David

Grizzly G0509G.jpg Grizzly Sliding Attachment 1.jpg

I have a Grizzly G1023SL I bought many years ago. I looked for a used Delta Unisaw or Powermatic 66 for quite a few years and though I found a couple, they had broken castings and looked like they'd been run hard and put away wet. I ended up paying less for the Grizzly than buying one of them and fixing them up and couldn't be happier. Mines a 3 HP and it's done everything I've asked of it. No problems or repairs, just keeps cutting. Only things I didn't like were the blade guard and splitter, which I replaced. I'm very happy with this saw.