Thread: Retirement plaque, US Flag

Retirement plaque, US Flag

I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to make a retirement gift for a friend who's been with the Sheriff's department for 30 years. One of the ladies in his department saw some of my work and sent some suggestions to see if I could get something ready in time (I had about two weeks so that wasn't a problem). We decided on a US Flag with the thin blue line. She picked it up yesterday and they presented it to him this morning; I understand he was thrilled with it so that text was a good way to start the day for me!

The flag is 12" x 22" and cut out of 1/2" BB which achieved the look they liked.

002 - Joey Cleveland, retirement flag.jpg

003 - Joey Cleveland, retirement flag.jpg

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Looks great. What CAD software did you use?

T

Thanks, Tony! I normally use Fusion 360 but I did this one in Carveco. Carveco is far more friendly with text and lots of nodes like the stars.

David
    David

Good looking flag David. Definitely special!

I'll be looking into Carveco. Thanks.

T

Look at Carveco Maker and Maker+, Tony. They have subscription rates that are very affordable. The full-blown Carveco is fairly pricey, even as a subscription, and I don't know that it offers anything above Maker+ that any of us would use.

David
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Falkner View Post
    Look at Carveco Maker and Maker+, Tony. They have subscription rates that are very affordable. The full-blown Carveco is fairly pricey, even as a subscription, and I don't know that it offers anything above Maker+ that any of us would use.

David
    I've been watching their videos. I'll probably pull the plug today. I can handle $15 a month. ; )

Tony

I have used VCarve Pro for years, since 2008 anyway. I am still on 9.5 and they are up to 10 now. I think its a one time $600. Most of the router people either use it or or Fusion 360. I use Fusion on occasion but my goto is VCP.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10