Thread: Jet 14dxp bandsaw tracking wheels twisted.

Jet 14dxp bandsaw tracking wheels twisted.

I dont know if its the blade or something, but in the directions it says the wheels aren't supposed to be rolling against the blade when the saw is on but not cutting. I changed out the the 1/4" blade to a half inch blade to cut a piece of mahogany that was maybe 2" thick. Anyways whenever I switched to the wider blade I noticed the top wheels on the left side wouldn't back away from the blade enough, so they kept spinning. I went ahead and cut with it anyways without any issues. Was showing him the difference between a jet and his little benchtop pos that wasn't cutting well. Anyways anyone have any solutions? It almost seems like the upper guide wheel assembly twisted a little bit.. These are ball bearing guide wheels, not the cheap sliding guides that other saws have.

By wheels, do you mean thrust bearings?

This is a hard post to read. Could you clarify what you’re asking and maybe post a picture? Are you saying the blade guides (not called “wheels”, wheels on a bandsaw are those big wheels the blade is wrapped around) are spinning when the saw is on and you’re not cutting? And you are out of adjustment?

Who is “him” in showing him?

And if you’re saying that you think ball bearing guides are superior, you’re not exactly right. Plenty of great saws, especially older ones, have guides using wood or other material as the blade guide.

Blog Entries
    Where is the half inch blade riding on the upper wheel? It should be centered on the wheel. Use the upper wheel tilt adjustment to center the blade on the wheel.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Yes I mean the blade guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Conner View Post
    Yes I mean the blade guides.
    That’s all you got? We need cooperation and clarity to help you. We don’t have that.

I'm not talking about the two big wheels with polyurethane rubber on them, i'm talking about the ball bearing guides that are both above and below the table that keep the blade straight. The top left blade won't back away from the blade and keeps rubbing against it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Conner View Post
    I'm not talking about the two big wheels with polyurethane rubber on them, i'm talking about the ball bearing guides that are both above and below the table that keep the blade straight. The top left blade won't back away from the blade and keeps rubbing against it.
    Can you post a photo showing the problem? Where is the blade tracking on both the upper and lower rubber covered wheels? Can you show photos of the blade on the upper wheel?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute