Thread: Anybody else watching "Project Farm" testing videos?

Blog Entries

Anybody else watching "Project Farm" testing videos?

I have been watching a lot of these testing videos and they all seem well done. What do you think?
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    Can you provide a link? I have been watching a lot of farming YouTube videos lately, that was not one. The Millennial Farmer is a good one, Minnesota 3000 acre soybean and corn family farm with lots of state of the art equipment. 3 to 5 digital pads in each tractor or combine to control everything. All done with with inch accurate GPS. Fifth generation farmer. Cute wife and kids too with his dad frequently in front of the GoPro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqWem3ealo
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 05-14-2020 at 8:43 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Can you provide a link? I have been watching a lot of farming YouTube videos lately, that was not one. The Millennial Farmer is a good one, Minnesota 3000 acre soybean and corn family farm with lots of state of the art equipment. 3 to five digital pads in each tractor or combine to control everything. All done with with inch accurate GPS. Cute wife and kids too with his dad frequently in front of the GoPro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqWem3ealo
    Sorry but I don't know how to provide a link. If you do a search on you tube it will come up. It has nothing to do with farming. He does tests of products, one I watched compared various epoxies, JB Weld did very well in this test. He has many other, we'll thought out and complete tests.
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    I watched the one they did on anti-seize products, which seemed pretty valid.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I watched the one they did on anti-seize products, which seemed pretty valid.
    If he's familiar with how to actually use a product, his tests of it could be valid. He seems fairly thorough in his earnestness.

The guy did a comparison of wood glues which I thought was rather silly. His test consisted of gluing end grain 2 X 4's to end grain or end grain to long grain 2 X 4's. He didn't even try long grain to long grain. Why would he test products in a way that they are not intended to be used? His shear test did not apply a shear force as he imagined it would. I think he knows very little about woodworking. He should stick to subjects about which he has some knowledge - like running lawn mowers without oil. He seems to be a much better mechanic than woodworker.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Art's assessment. Some of the test he does would require hundreds or thousands of hours to get a valid result, when he clearly has taken only a very small data sample. Much of his testing looks very goo though.