Thread: Dewalt 12" miter saw - Help choose

Dewalt 12" miter saw - Help choose

Re - DWS779 for $350 on sale

Guys - Other than the light, what does the more expensive 12" Dewalt plug in have over this one?

I've spent time looking at details but tired of it an just want to decide, but not miss something.

I do want to stick w 12" specifically Dewalt... but which one ?

Thank you!

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

I did just find this thread below and it raises un answered questions about differences between the 779 and 780... "internal parts"

Did anyone conclusively figure that out ?

Marc

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....walt+780+miter
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Dust collection is different on the 780, and the light. Both are better. Better yet get a DHS790AT2 if you want a TRULY amazing dewalt saw.
    Last edited by Steve Rozmiarek; 05-14-2020 at 8:56 AM. Reason: Haha, tried to fix the font, I give up.

That's just one of those mysteries. There are a very few differences on a schematic chart between the 780 Type 1 and 779 (other than the light), but there aren't more than a couple - and none seem to be for anything critical (the overall motor assembly part no. is different, but the parts inside the motor assembly are the same except for the case). The DWS780 Type 20 (also referred to on some sites as the DWS782 Type 20) is identical to the 779 except for the light-related parts. Some user reviews claim that the Type 20 (and 779) have an improved slide compared to the Type 1, but I was going blind looking at the schematics - I didn't notice any difference. Long story short - for the price, the DWS779 is a great deal. I have one, and would get it again - for my use, the light would be superfluous.