Thread: Computer HELP!! Please

Computer HELP!! Please

OK heres the deal. Got a different laptop to run my laser. I got the lasercut software installed but the laser doesn't respond . I think it has something to do with a file called syscfg.ini I was told to take this file off my old laptop and move it to my new one which I did but don't know what to do with the file. I just dragged it off the usb to my desktop. Not sure if this is the problem or not but its the only thing I can think of. Does this file need to be installed or something. Wwhen I try to open it , it just opens a note pad on my desk top.

Any help would be appreciated .Thanks
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I would try to copy it into the same directory as the lc software startup file. If it is specific to the lc software it will probably look for it there.
    Good luck. Lots of better computer folks than me around if that doesn't work.
    You only need 2 tools in life. If it's supposed to move and doesn't... use WD40. If it moves and shouldn't... use duct tape.

im a tech dummy how would I do that ?lc= laser ctr?
    OK I found lasercut files and I dragged that file into it. said it already had that file do I want to replace it I said yes.
    laser still does not respond
    oh BTW even after dragging it into lasercut its still on my desktop???
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 05-12-2020 at 11:38 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    OK heres the deal. Got a different laptop to run my laser. I got the lasercut software installed but the laser doesn't respond . I think it has something to do with a file called syscfg.ini I was told to take this file off my old laptop and move it to my new one which I did but don't know what to do with the file. I just dragged it off the usb to my desktop. Not sure if this is the problem or not but its the only thing I can think of. Does this file need to be installed or something. Wwhen I try to open it , it just opens a note pad on my desk top.

Any help would be appreciated .Thanks
    What is the operating system of the new laptop? What did the company who sold the software say?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    What is the operating system of the new laptop? What did the company who sold the software say?
    win 10
    they had to close last night late ,they were helping me get it installed and all but got late were they were, so I said will pick up today and thought I could get some late night help here.Still waiting to hear from them today, they just opeded so itmight be a while.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Ray should be able talk you through it did the drivers load. Have you unplugged and replugged the USB cable back in to see if it is recognized

Did you restart after copying the file over? I believe that .ini files are read on start up, either by the OS or the application that needs them.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Most .ini files are present with the new software when downloaded and installed. Often, the software recreates them on startup of the program. My guess is that the ini files are there, but corrupted. So I would find the old ini files and rename them such as something like this "blabla.ini" to blablaold.ini" so they won't be used by the software immediately, then copy over the correct ini files to that location, and run the software. If it works correctly, go back and delete the old, now renamed ini files.
    Regards,

Tom

I got Carole Scott on the phone today and it took us about an hour to get it up and running again . Seem like when I transferred the sysc.ini they didn't take for some reason and the files on the new computer changed a whole bunch of stuff. We kept trying different things and finally it worked. BIG SHOUT OUT TO RABBIT LASER USA great support. They have always been there for me.
    Thanks to you guys here too .
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander