Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawstop inline router tables? Sawstop's vs Woodpeckers?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    I would like to see photos of the issues, if possible.
    I haven't tore it down yet, so I"ll snap a few more photos. Here's the issue with the rails. From all the pictures on Woodpeckers site, it sure looked like it would line up with the notch in the rail.

Also, the box was pretty much destroyed when I received it. The metal that connects the router table to the saw wing was bent. Woodpeckers quickly shipped me a new one, which I much appreciated, but too bad it was all for nothing.

unnamed.jpg

When the aluminum piece is in place, in the router table, do the Sawstop rails restrict access to the T and miter slots?

Looks like the Sawstop rails could be ground down a little and probably only necessary on the back rail, as using a miter gauge, once the fence part of the miter gauge is past the cutter center you have pretty much completed that cut. Likewise, for inserting T slot accessories, they can be inserted from the rear.

Just a thought, otherwise it looks like a nice setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    When the aluminum piece is in place, in the router table, do the Sawstop rails restrict access to the T and miter slots?

Looks like the Sawstop rails could be ground down a little and probably only necessary on the back rail, as using a miter gauge, once the fence part of the miter gauge is past the cutter center you have pretty much completed that cut. Likewise, for inserting T slot accessories, they can be inserted from the rear.

Just a thought, otherwise it looks like a nice setup.
    Edit: Sorry, misread your post, Chris. I actually was going to do that, but ran into the other issues, like not being able to use the mobile base, since the additional supports do not properly fit the rail. If I lift the saw up now, the router table flexes at the extension wing, and the router table legs do not lift off the ground at all. I do move my saw around occasionally, so it would be a deal breaker just for that issue alone.

Didn't expect to jump through hoops with this thing, so I hit my limit pretty quick and decided it wasn't the correct choice and went with Sawstop's router table instead. It sucks I have my table saw will be in pieces for 2 weeks, but so be it. As long as their setup works as it should.
    Last edited by Corey Pelton; 05-20-2020 at 4:24 PM.

Received the Sawstop router table over a week earlier than scheduled, so that was a very nice surprise. Right off the bat, Sawstop’s packaging is top notch. No damaged parts like I received with the Woodpeckers table.

Took about an hour to rough install everything. Still need to square up the table, but it’s not far off. Really pleased with the setup. The cast iron is absolutely flawless. The ICS mobile base lifts it with zero effort. I’m very impressed.
    most likely have to build another dust collection box, since Sawstop’s doesn’t fit the TRA001. Or, I’ll buy another router and their lift.

2FBCB9F2-1C15-446A-8EC3-2A69613718E6.jpg

What provisions does it have, underneath, for mounting a dust box?

I went with the Incra setup, on my SawStop, but their router table surface is MDF (I think).

I had a 15" deep melamine shelf, kicking around, so I fabricated by own dust box and fastened it to the top with a few right angle brackets.

I jave a 4" dust port in the bottom.

Here you can see the right angle brackets, I used two on each side.

Just a thought, then you can make it fit your router and lift.
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 05-24-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Pelton View Post
    most likely have to build another dust collection box, since Sawstop’s doesn’t fit the TRA001. Or, I’ll buy another router and their lift.
    I have the Sawstop dust box, if you need anything measured. It easily holds my PC 3.25hp router motor, but I don't know the TRA001.

Thanks for the offer, Dave, but Since I still have the Woodpeckers dust box (UPS delivered it to my house the following day after shipping back for a return to Woodpeckers), I might see if I can rig it to fit. Internet consensus is that it needs a fair amount of modifications to fit. I made a dust box for my last table with a 6” port. Worked very well, but I sold it with my table. The mounting into the cast iron looks pretty narrow, so the Triton might have to go in the long run.

what do you guys recommend for a dedicated table router ad lift?

The Woodpeckers dust cabinet fits perfectly to the Triton. I had to drill a couple new holes to match the Sawstop dust cabinet locations, but it works very well. Barely any dust to speak of in the cabinet after a few test runs. Looks good too!

87F080A9-AE3D-4DAD-96EF-2A586914F1C8.jpg81EA1E92-8C85-4874-84B0-A4A94ED35CF6.jpg9960707F-3E13-46A4-BCD5-561B65286845.jpg

Excellent, glad that worked out.

Aw, Corey, why did you have to post that photo? It is a better photo than SS has on their site. I want to cut the long ext table down anyway and the RT adjoining the PCS table looks to be about the perfect package. Have to get planning

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick View Post
    Aw, Corey, why did you have to post that photo? It is a better photo than SS has on their site. I want to cut the long ext table down anyway and the RT adjoining the PCS table looks to be about the perfect package. Have to get planning
    I’m very happy with the setup. I’d say go for it, Jack!

When SS introduced the router gear I looked at their site and while I was pretty sure I understood what things would look like I was unhappy with the way they were shown. I felt they were not as clear as they should be and I sent a note to SS about it. They responded positively and immediately asking for suggestions. i like that in a company. I got looking at things and decided I was being a weenie and sent a note saying so, but given the invitation I wanted to come up with something positive. Corey's picture of his saw shows better than the "pretty" pictures SS has. I wrote suggesting clear line drawings or pictures of all possible configurations of just the top, left, right, long, short. I guess I have a poor imagination. I'm not sure where it will go but they did request my address for a hat or shirt or something to be sent.
    Having been in the Manuf Representative business I do communicate with companies when I have something to say or ask. I appreciate a response. Many outfits blow you off and as I interact with tools or equipment it is in my mind and stays there when future purchases come up. I love my PCS. It is a hell of a saw and I like a company that listens to or at least acknowledges the "voice of the customer." For me, 5 stars for Sawstop! Now, where do I get $500 so I can duplicate Corey's lay-out?

I’m with ya, Jack. I tend to be loyal to a company that has that type of customer service. When I first received my PCS it had more runout than I would have ever imagined. A quick call to their CS department and they shipped me a brand new arbor block. It was a pain in the ass to swap out, but it fixed the issue.

And, I do have to say, Woodpeckers really went above and beyond in making sure I was happy with the outcome of our business together, even though their product didn’t work out for me. I really appreciate that in a company. Plus they make amazing tools 😁