Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very frustrated with my Grizzly G0544, 20" planer

Single poster ghosted us again.

I have a feeling that sometimes they realize they missed something and feel like, I hate to say it, embarrassed. So they don't come back. I'm not trying to insult anyone and that may not be the case here. I know I've done plenty of things where after the fact I say "how did I miss that?".

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    I have a feeling that sometimes they realize they missed something and feel like, I hate to say it, embarrassed. So they don't come back. I'm not trying to insult anyone and that may not be the case here. I know I've done plenty of things where after the fact I say "how did I miss that?".
    J/P and plug it in there. I have a J/P and a Saw/Shaper plugged into the same receptacle.

When I use the feeder on the shaper I unplug the J/P and plug the feeder in. All have the same colour cord caps and cord.

Ask me about the time I actually got to the multi-meter stage of trouble shooting the J/P and I'm an Electrical Technologist.....

Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    J/P and plug it in there. I have a J/P and a Saw/Shaper plugged into the same receptacle.

When I use the feeder on the shaper I unplug the J/P and plug the feeder in. All have the same colour cord caps and cord.

Ask me about the time I actually got to the multi-meter stage of trouble shooting the J/P and I'm an Electrical Technologist.....

Regards, Rod.
    There are those that have and those that will ............ admit it, that is

Rod it gets even worse. When I do something like that my 20 year old son gives me this look and says,"Dad you showed me how to do that when I was 12.".

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    There are those that have and those that will ............ admit it, that is
    That was grea5 Curt, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Rod it gets even worse. When I do something like that my 20 year old son gives me this look and says,"Dad you showed me how to do that when I was 12.".
    Ha, yup, I’ve been there as well.....Rod

I would also recommend checking the pressure bar. It's often the culprit when a board won't feed, and it sounds like yours may be adjusted too low in relation to the knives.

Good news is your jointer seems like it's working really well and making a flat face. Bad news is that the flat face is getting suctioned to the table of the planer. You probably putting your wood in way too dry. Lubricate the crap out of your table and your planing experience should improve.