Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Sided Tape Brand Recommendation?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Double Sided Tape Brand Recommendation?

I bought some Double Sided tape, a year or two ago. I don't know what brand it was and I can't remember where I bought it.

What I have is 1" wide.

I'm almost at the end of this roll and need to order some more.

What I have holds two pieces of wood together well, but still separates fairly easily.

So looking for brand recommendation and places to purchase.

Thanks

Chris, I like the "turners tape" sold by lee valley, available 1" or 2" wide. It has a slightly creped release paper that I find easier to start peeling when a piece is stuck down to something. And it holds very well. It is a bit thicker than some varieties of double stick tape, but that hasn't been an issue for me.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Woodcraft has a 2 sided tape that I like. A little pricey though when I bought the roll a few years ago.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Peachtree Woodworking Supply inc. is where I bought my last roll. So far no complaints. I did buy some from the big R woodworking store that has a vinyl covering on it that is impossible to get off. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to separate. The most frustrating tape I have ever used. Trashed it. My wife does vinyl work and uses vinyl tape all day long and she could not get it to separate. I should have sent it back.
    Here is the link for Peachtree.
    https://www.ptreeusa.com/rtr_jigs_double_sided_tape.htm
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

I've been using Scotch double sided carpet tape. 1 1/4 wide.

here is what I have been using, sticks damn good removes clean. Not sure if it works for turning cuz I ain’t got no lathe....
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

another one i use that is super duper and thin but not easy to remove isthe fast cap double sided tape, like i said i don’t turn but would use this one for that...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    I bought some Double Sided tape, a year or two ago. I don't know what brand it was and I can't remember where I bought it.

What I have is 1" wide.

I'm almost at the end of this roll and need to order some more.

What I have holds two pieces of wood together well, but still separates fairly easily.

So looking for brand recommendation and places to purchase.

Thanks

At work we have Nitto 500. Its super strong and the tape removes clean. I didnt think I would ever like a double sided tape, but this stuff is awesome.

On a side note, Nitto own Permacel/shurtape, which makes(made? It's been a while) my favorite gaffersf tape. Good stuff. I just found that out trying to find out what the double stick was. These guys know their tape.

I purchased Intertape 591 from Amazon for about $11. I like it because it's paper backed and you can tear off pieces (without cutting). You can get it in various widths. You can check out a YT video from Jonathan Katz-Moses on tapes.

Picked up a roll at Harbor freight on a whim and it works as well as the Scotch brand I had. Don't think it was a huge $$$ difference but would buy it again.

I use and like SpecTape. See Mark’s link to Amazon above. It sticks very well.

I use fastcap speed tape for different things. It can be a bit too aggressive for some projects. https://www.fastcap.com/product/speedtape

+1 for lee valley. Have not used it often but it works great.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I use the tape Woodcraft sells, and as Brian said above, a little pricey...but I haven’t really shopped around. Keep in mind, these tapes can be pressure sensitive. The harder you press it together (some even use clamps), the harder it will stick.

I use Spectape.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I like XFasten tape from amazon
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.