Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy PPE

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    We have 16 grandkids. By these odds, if all were to contract covid-19, one of them is likely to die... Me, I'm plenty worried...
    My point is why not stay home if you think you need that level of protection to go out in public? The women was with another person so presumably that other person could have done the shopping.

A lot of the medical experts think that there have been many cases of COVID-19 where people were never tested which would reduce the fatality percentage. A round of antibody testing in New York City showed that around 20% have had COVID-19. Here in Minnesota about 80% of the deaths have been 75 and above. Personally, I wear a mask in public and am careful to keep my six feet, but I still go to stores if I need something. I am working on a big project that means going to Menards and Home Depot several times per week. I had to go to five different Menards stores to get five pieces of trim because the stock had been wiped out. Most stores just had a few pieces of firewood left. I finally got smart and checked the Menards website and found a store that showed 50 pieces in stock and was able to get five nice pieces of trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Or another way to look at it is 0.4% of US population and 0.05% of the world population has 'it', or perhaps had it. ...give or take a hundredth or so.
    True, as of today. However, it seems that even with social distancing, new infections keep happening. And there's no reason for the spread to slow or halt. So eventually nearly everybody will be infected, and the deaths-per-infection number is quite relevant.

Blog Entries
    So, Jay used the face shield today, said it wasn't too bad, but it was cool today. They do wear a mask with it if they are working within 6 feet of another person.
    face shield.jpg
    NOW you tell me...