Thread: Carved Walking Stick

Carved Walking Stick

Hi - a very dear friend of mine inherited this walking stick from his dad when he passed away. My friend would like to give an exact replica to his brother for an upcoming birthday. While I've been making sawdust for a long time, I know nothing about carving. So I'm reaching out to the Carving Creekers here in hopes that someone can lead me in the right direction. I'd like to find a way for him to get this done and get an understanding of timing, costs, etc ahead of time.

Thanks in advance.

RonIMG_8970.jpgIMG_8979.jpgIMG_8978.jpgIMG_8977.jpgIMG_8974.jpgIMG_8971.jpgIMG_8975.jpgIMG_8972.jpg

The most precise ...and quickest copy would be done with silicone mould and two part plastic.

Thanks. He’s looking for a wooden replica

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Magliocco View Post
    Thanks. He’s looking for a wooden replica
    Of course. But I've seen copies of statues that showed differences from the original. The cast copy is the only way to an
    EXACT copy. Obviously it will cost less than the original one ....unless the maker agrees to accept more money ! The
    cost and elegance could be elevated by a silver...or gold plaque. And Mel's vision includes a carved wood stick.
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 05-09-2020 at 2:54 PM.

You could send the cane off for 3D scanning, and then use a CNC machine to carve a replica that was pretty close.