Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Serpentine Front Chest Build

Very nice project and great write up. I respect someone who will jump into the creek for a swim without worrying about the snapping turtles and snakes and just deal with them when they show themselves.

Mike, this is great! And everyone should have some flowers in their shop

Also, this thread is making my head swim a bit because you are working on a piece that is not obviously miniature like doll house furniture, but isn't full sized. I keep thinking "wow! he must have big hands for that chisel handle!"

As always thanks for sharing.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Mike, this is great! And everyone should have some flowers in their shop

Also, this thread is making my head swim a bit because you are working on a piece that is not obviously miniature like doll house furniture, but isn't full sized. I keep thinking "wow! he must have big hands for that chisel handle!"

As always thanks for sharing.
    thanks Chris. I prefer working on full size furniture- easier on my eyes and more room for error. Problem is I literally got no where to put more furniture. Would love to keep making furniture for people who want it but have no idea how to make that happen. welcome any suggestions?

Small projects like this keep me busy during quarantine and let me try out new techniques (like curved, veneered drawer fronts) using much less lumber. Less disappointing to throw into the burn pile if it doesn't work out! For example here I layed out the carving for one of the front columns upside down- uugh!. Something I didn't discover until assembly. I actually glued it up with one of the columns upside down because this was really just a small, fun project I didn't want to hassle with - would have been a good reminder of the "Measure twice, cut once" dictum. Sherrie persuaded me I should do another column- some thing that would have been a much bigger hassle on a full sized project.

BTW, question for the group: with multi- stage/post project like this is better to start a new post for "part 2" or just added new photo's/comments to existing first post? appreciate the feedback!

Cheers, Mike