Thread: PSA - Great Little Task Light

PSA - Great Little Task Light

I saw these on the Stumpy Nubs YouTube Channel and ordered one up. It lives up to the hype. Super bright and it has a very strong magnet. For $20 you can't go wrong. It's a permanent addition to my band saw. Get them at woodturnerswonders dot com. No affiliation.

Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Rob, in most cases direct links are encouraged.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Here's a link to the lamp. Looks like a good product.

Note, however that shipping is $5.25

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 05-08-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Rob, in most cases direct links are encouraged.
    I wasn't sure and I didn't want to run afoul of the rules. Thanks Mike.

It's pretty nice that this format of lamp has also (and logically) moved to the LED format. I have an old halogen magnetic lamp on my bandsaw and when (not if) the hotter-than-hades bulb dies, I'll be replacing the whole thing with an LED type. I have inexpensive LED task lighting over my guitar bench because my body blocks some of the overhead light there and it's amazing what you can get for a very small chunk of change.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    I wasn't sure and I didn't want to run afoul of the rules. Thanks Mike.
    Here's some info from the TOS:

3. External Linking

Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I bought a very similar one on Amazon for about $15 and free Prime shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Here's some info from the TOS:

3. External Linking

Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.
    Thanks Bruce

I have the same model but in white on my band saw and it works great It seems it was marketed as a sewing machine lamp.

I don't have this but it looks similar for less with free shipping.https://www.amazon.com/Bonlux-Machin...=fsclp_pl_dp_2

Another one (actually two) from Amazon -- https://www.amazon.com/EVISWIY-Light...0&sr=8-10&th=1

I don't personally have any experience with these but they get good reviews and two for $16 would be hard to beat