Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors brought us a picture

Neighbors brought us a picture

They were walking on the road behind our pastures, and snapped this. This is a back corner, that I let grow up to block the view of the only house we could otherwise see from our house. Both these horses were born here. The little stream is fed by a spring. Water runs out of the ground all around this part of the country. Many of these make a river.

image1 (1).jpg

Man that is beautiful
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Beautiful! Worth framing for sure.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    That picture deserves a nice walnut frame.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I've ordered a couple of different sizes of mounted prints online, to see how well it blows up. It's 1.7MB, so should do okay. Frame will wait on final size of print, and mat.

Blog Entries
    I just put ink in my Photosmart Printer, so I downloaded the picture and printed it.

Nice photo Tom. Gorgeous country!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quite "painterly ". Really lovely scene . The subtle spots of light on the horses... No poison ivy showing !

I have been doing photography for 40 years and I see that a one great shot. Great color, depth of field and composition.

That looks like an idealized very detailed painting. Don’t know how else to describe it. It’s beautiful.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Idyllic - thanks for sharing Tom.

First of all, this is a great picture..... beautiful setting and composition... the one small issue for me is the brightness of the field just up from the center which tends to draw my eye there... I hope you don't mind but I did a small adjustment to tone it down a bit and now my eye is drawn to the horses... just my liking and hope you don't mind the fact that I messed with it....

image ad2j.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    First of all, this is a great picture..... beautiful setting and composition... the one small issue for me is the brightness of the field just up from the center which tends to draw my eye there... I hope you don't mind but I did a small adjustment to tone it down a bit and now my eye is drawn to the horses... just my liking and hope you don't mind the fact that I messed with it....

image ad2j.jpg
    That was my thinking as well. Tom, do your neighbors per chance have the .raw file of this? It's worthy of a little post processing and quality printing and framing. Beautiful scene.

I'm not sure about a raw file. It was taken with her phone, and full size is 1.7 mb.

If anyone would have asked me what the least photogenic spot is at our place, I would have said this grown up back corner of a pasture.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I'm not sure about a raw file. It was taken with her phone, and full size is 1.7 mb.

If anyone would have asked me what the least photogenic spot is at our place, I would have said this grown up back corner of a pasture.
    That won't be a raw file & isn't even very high resolution, which is a shame because it's an exceptional photo otherwise. On the other hand, you could use that low res image & still have a gorgeous framed print. There are lots of filters that will give it a nice art look.