Thread: Making a Wahoo Board

Making a Wahoo Board

I've made a bunch of these Wahoo boards (also called Aggravation) and each time I expected it was the last time I'd make them. But I keep getting asked to make more. So I decided to do one and record the steps that go into making one. You can see the tutorial here.

Since I was doing this just to do the tutorial, I used cheap lumber - construction grade. I've made them from much nicer wood, including ambrosia maple, cherry, walnut, even pine.

Anyway, take a look at the process. It's more involved than you would think. I'll add a picture of one of the boards in figured cherry so you can see how they look in a nicer wood.

Mike

WahooBoard-056.jpg GameBoards20.jpg
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Oh how I remember that game. Nicely done Mike. Very time consuming. I wonder how many guys will chime in about using a CNC to do the dimples. Not quite as satisfying that way though. Again, nice job.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Blog Entries
    Nice looking boards. Making games is fun. I made this two sided game board using 1/4" oak veneer plywood spaced apart to make a built in marble storage. I used a drill press and countersink bit for the marble divots.IMG_4711.jpgIMG_4709.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute