Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dust collector, new to me.

New Dust collector, new to me.

30hp Honeyville, dual cyclone, dual airlocks, dual bag houses, transfer blower, secondary cyclone, auto shakers, been inside since new.

IMG_20200506_194706_833.jpg

413668f.jpg

413668h.jpg

IMG_20200506_194706_832.jpg

IMG_20200506_194706_845.jpg

Hopefully it will run off my 60amp single phase service.
    Last edited by Darcy Warner; 05-06-2020 at 9:05 PM.

You could change weather patterns with that.

You'll need one of those extra heavy extension cords. Make sure it has a three prong plug.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    You'll need one of those extra heavy extension cords. Make sure it has a three prong plug.
    Plus really good casters for moving it between machines.

Tiny little thang....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Does it have one, or two zip codes?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Wish that I could find a good deal on a big one like that for our cabinet shop. I am now part owner at the shop that I work at and we are in desperate need of either more smaller dust collectors or preferably a big unit between 10hp and 30hp.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Do you have 3 phase power? If not about your only option is a 60+hp rotary phase converter. You can’t run dust collectors or sanders off a static phase converter and I have personally never seen a 30hp vfd (or a 30hp static phase converter) but I would bet it would be significantly cheaper to use an rpc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Robbinett View Post
    Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Do you have 3 phase power? If not about your only option is a 60+hp rotary phase converter. You can’t run dust collectors or sanders off a static phase converter and I have personally never seen a 30hp vfd (or a 30hp static phase converter) but I would bet it would be significantly cheaper to use an rpc.
    His service is 60A single phase. That won't even come close to running a 30 HP blower. It will draw somewhere around 75A - 85A 3 phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    His service is 60A single phase. That won't even come close to running a 30 HP blower. It will draw somewhere around 75A - 85A 3 phase.
    Well, actually I have 1400 amps of 240v 3phase.
    I was being facetious

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Robbinett View Post
    Wish that I could find a good deal on a big one like that for our cabinet shop. I am now part owner at the shop that I work at and we are in desperate need of either more smaller dust collectors or preferably a big unit between 10hp and 30hp.

I have plenty of power.
    I have 7 dust collectors now, from 10 to 30hp.
    Trying to decide which units I want where and then sell the rest.
    Send me an email, maybe I can help you out
    Warnerremodel@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Does it have one, or two zip codes?
    Two stuffed full gooseneck trailers to get it home.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I have plenty of power.
    I have 7 dust collectors now, from 10 to 30hp.
    Trying to decide which units I want where and then sell the rest.
    Send me an email, maybe I can help you out
    Warnerremodel@yahoo.com
    If you'd like to diversify, plumb the suction line from all the collectors to the top of a central vertical plenum (10'-12' dia.). Plumb all your machinery runs to the bottom of the plenum. Then sell tickets for indoor skydiving.

...Might need kevlar jumpsuits??

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    If you'd like to diversify, plumb the suction line from all the collectors to the top of a central vertical plenum (10'-12' dia.). Plumb all your machinery runs to the bottom of the plenum. Then sell tickets for indoor skydiving.

...Might need kevlar jumpsuits??
    The real issue is not wanting to run a huge 50 or 75hp collector all the time to pull the whole shop.
    A 25 or 30 will pull two moulders and a few support machines, set a 10hp unit for another section of machines, etc. I need DC in about 12k sqft of space, easier and cheaper to use smaller units for smaller equipment. 30hp unit like this is great for a medium sized shop, this thing is set up so you turn it on in the morning an off at night. No shutting it down to empty chips. Blow into a semi or add an auger to fill a container.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Well, actually I have 1400 amps of 240v 3phase.
    I was being facetious
    Well, I guess you might have enough then. Curious; is your service 240V or 208V? I ask because everything's 208V now, but I've been told that back in the day there were 240V 3 phase systems.

We did some work in a new cabinet shop a couple of years ago that had no central dust collection at all. Every machine that made dust had it's own dedicated collection & filtration. The owner told me that when all was done it was cheaper that way. No ducts, no heat loss, no very expensive fire regs that need to be satisfied with large systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Well, I guess you might have enough then. Curious; is your service 240V or 208V? I ask because everything's 208V now, but I've been told that back in the day there were 240V 3 phase systems.

We did some work in a new cabinet shop a couple of years ago that had no central dust collection at all. Every machine that made dust had it's own dedicated collection & filtration. The owner told me that when all was done it was cheaper that way. No ducts, no heat loss, no very expensive fire regs that need to be satisfied with large systems.
    Its 240 delta high leg. 3phase and single in one, mind your high leg though.

I wish it was 480 Y

Yes, you see a lot of places using these units from dustek from 5 to 20hp servicing a cell of machines.

I know a few places that run a 20hp on a moulder and choose to empty bags, screw that.

I have a dust technology system with hoppers and air locks, just blow chips outside from it, or into a trailer.

Real DC is expensive. maybe the largest investment in a shop.