Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Both Menards and Costco requiring face coverings to shop

Both Menards and Costco requiring face coverings to shop

I was at Menards today and they are now requiring face coverings to enter the store. They had a huge banner just inside the store entrance announcing the new requirement. (No idea why banner was not outside the store.) They also had an employee with a very loud voice letting everyone know about the new policy and letting people know they could buy a mask. I didn't check the price on a mask as I had a mask on and just wanted to get my stuff and get out.

The news media has been reporting that Costco will require face coverings starting Monday. I also stopped at Costco today for groceries, but after seeing the line of 100+ people waiting just to get in I decided I didn't to shop there that bad.

Thanks for the tip on Menards. I'll need to remember to keep a mask in the truck in addition to the one in the car.

I wouldn't mind wearing masks as much if other people wearing them knew how to wear them correctly. I actually saw some one pull their mask down, cough into their hand, wipe their hand on their shirt, and the use that same hand to move the mask back. Kind of defeats the entire purpose of wearing a mask

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    Thanks for the tip on Menards. I'll need to remember to keep a mask in the truck in addition to the one in the car.

I wouldn't mind wearing masks as much if other people wearing them knew how to wear them correctly. I actually saw some one pull their mask down, cough into their hand, wipe their hand on their shirt, and the use that same hand to move the mask back. Kind of defeats the entire purpose of wearing a mask
    I also see many people wearing a mask but it is pulled down to just below their nose..... If it doesn't cover your nose you might as well not wear it...

A little off the wall, but...

masks.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post

masks.jpg
    Blunt but on point!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Michigan's protocol is everyone must wear a mask inside a building open to the public.

Some cities have laws against wearing a mask in public. I doubt the language of most make any distinction about what
    type of mask.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post

masks.jpg
    That's actually the best, most clear & concise explanation of what masks will do that I've seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Some cities have laws against wearing a mask in public. I doubt the language of most make any distinction about what
    type of mask.
    I suspect those are for masks which hide identity.

In most situations where masks were prohibited, there's been some leeway...banks come to mind. A lot of bank robbers don't bother to wear them anyway...LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Funk View Post
    I suspect those are for masks which hide identity.
    Well sure, and perhaps you are better at "reading eyes". I would not be able to do that. Have to add that the masks
    used in all the "western" films convered no more than covid masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    type of mask.

Come on. The laws you're talking about have an intent aspect to them. Many were adopted after incidents in history such as the Ku Klux Klan, or rebellions involving people who attacked police while wearing masks to conceal their identities.

If the police and/or a prosecutor were going to try and claim that someone wearing a hygienic face mask were violating one of these laws, they would have to show intent to cause harm, injury or violate some other civil or criminal law.

Sure Edwin, the next day it would all be straightened out. That's fine if you consider a night in jail with a spam
    breakfast equivalent to a good bed and breakfast. I'm betting there are quite a number here who have spent a night in
    jail as a kid guilty of having a car.

An emergency proclamation requiring face masks in stores and restaurants in Stillwater, Oklahoma, was nixed after store and restaurant owners received threats. From CNN online. https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/fa...rnd/index.html
    i can see it happening elwhere
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    An emergency proclamation requiring face masks in stores and restaurants in Stillwater, Oklahoma, was nixed after store and restaurant owners received threats. From CNN online. https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/fa...rnd/index.html
    i can see it happening elwhere

America: Land of the selfish and shortsighted.