Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biesemeier fence pads

I've never seen a table saw that didn't develop significant wear in this area. I've also never seen it be an actual problem.

ditto for my PM2000. I happened on this thread looking for information on using UHMW for exactly the same purpose. Question: if the thin UHMW tape was put on the pad where the fence is rubbing and also where the fence rides on the rail, wouldn't this work? The fence would be very slightly higher off the table but I think I could adjust the pads on each side of the fence downward to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    If your concern is the wear, then I wouldn't be concerned at all, unless the scratches are really deep. From what I can see, those are just surface scratches that occur when dust and debris get between the pads and the table top. I have the same on my PM2000, with Biesmeyer fence. Now if those scratches are not the result of what I mentioned, then that's another thing.

Answering my own question: I tried it and the adhesive didn't hold. I applied it after thoroughly cleaning the pads. A little bit of "duh" here to - I found the fence slides so much better after a very good cleaning.

No pictures so i do not know if it applies but I have a seen ball bearing support for fences for sale that works with a unifence. It needs more then one so it spans the miter slots. My unifence came without one so I made one from a bolt and some trex decking scrap.
    Bil lD.

I could not find a good picture but this video has okay views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U5bcdvC1Jg

That looks interesting - I'll have to think about how I could modify it for the PM2000 fence. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.