Thread: What wall cover to use?

What wall cover to use?

This is a frequent point of discussion. As I am doing the solar system in the shop I have to be able to make the 3 circuit drops out of the attic. I used 1/2” plywood on my shop. I went with 8’ sheets with a 2’ topper and wrapped the seam with the 1x4. 10’ sheets were to pricey and I like the look of the red band. Anyway, I had to cut the band and remove the screws and plywood have the wall open in less than 15 minutes. I expect it would take about the same time to replace it. Given the ability get in there without a lot of fuss makes ply or osb a good choice imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you're needing a removable panel, why not use the same plywood you used for your walls so its surface appears consistent with the rest of the shop. You can even put the "band" on the removable panel so that it still matches in that respect, too. I can tell you that is how I would personally handle things...because I'm anal about how things look. No way would I use OSB for this.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

LOL! It took me a moment to process that! The picture posted sideways and the garage door is open. I like that look. What is the red topper made out of?

The way my shop is built the drywall is the shear panel. There is no siding just stucco wire on the exterior. Replacing it with screwed in plywood or OSB would probably stiffen it up.
    Bil lD