Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minimax/Tecnomax CU410 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    Well, the seller was nice enough to let me put down a deposit to hold on to it until the end of the month. Unless things really go haywire, I will be heading to pick it up on Memorial Day!

I guess I need to find someone to buy my old 12" Oliver jointer, now!
    That's terrific, congrats!

2. Glad someone finally got that one- I was eyeing it and the price is good. I was more worried about finding someone to transport it. Looked like he has some easy access in that garage though.

Where are you located at?
    Ron
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-05-2020 at 8:19 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post

Where are you located at?
    Ron
    Apologies. I've put it in my profile now.

I'm in Memphis, TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hendershott View Post
    Glad someone finally got that one- I was eyeing it and the price is good. I was more worried about finding someone to transport it. Looked like he has some easy access in that garage though.
    The garage door will be a huge help. My father and I moved the 12" Oliver jointer by ourselves into a Uhaul trailer. I think we just take these kinds of things as chances to prove ourselves even more.

So, we're heading on Monday to pick this up, but I'm hoping someone has some information they can provide. I'm getting conflicting information from sources and the owner isn't home this week to measure.

What size is the arbor on the saw? Is it capable of 12" blade, but has a 5/8" arbor?

So, we're heading on Monday to pick this up, but I'm hoping someone has some information they can provide. I'm getting conflicting information from sources and the owner isn't home this week to measure.

What size is the arbor on the saw? Is it capable of 12" blade, but has a 5/8" arbor?
    It should be a 5/8" arbor. SCM/Minimax made them this way to make using a typical dado stack easier as well as, presumably, to make it easier for folks to use existing blades when they upgrade to the Euro machine from a North American style saw. And FYI, the Forrest WW-II 40T and 48T 12" blade does come in 5/8" arbor so you don't need to use a bushing but any 12" blade with a 1" bore can be used with a bushing. I bought my 12" WW-II 48T blades from Silvers Mill for very nice prices.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    It should be a 5/8" arbor. SCM/Minimax made them this way to make using a typical dado stack easier as well as, presumably, to make it easier for folks to use existing blades when they upgrade to the Euro machine from a North American style saw. And FYI, the Forrest WW-II 40T and 48T 12" blade does come in 5/8" arbor so you don't need to use a bushing but any 12" blade with a 1" bore can be used with a bushing. I bought my 12" WW-II 48T blades from Silvers Mill for very nice prices.
    And this is why you never assume! I just included two blades and my 6” dado stack with the sale of my Grizzly saw. Guess it’s time to upgrade blades too!

It is also nice that you have the option to also use 10" blades on the machine. I use them sometimes on my CU 300, rather than the 12". That way the specialty blades I already have in 10" do not have to be duplicated.

Don't forget to readjust the riving knife though.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Mine has a 1" arbor and can spin 14" blade. I think that the 1"er was an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    It is also nice that you have the option to also use 10" blades on the machine. I use them sometimes on my CU 300, rather than the 12". That way the specialty blades I already have in 10" do not have to be duplicated.

Don't forget to readjust the riving knife though.
    This was a big benefit to me after I bought my S315WS slider...using the same 10" blades I already owned without changing the bore until it was appropriate to replace them.
    --

Heading to Atlanta from Memphis right now! Exciting day.

Congrats on what's a very exciting road trip! Stay safe...
    --

This seems to be one of the more current Minimax combo machine threads, so I'll post my question here. I own a 300 Classic, and am considering upgrading to a 410es. I like the mobility of my 300, with the T handle steering wheel and built in pair of wheels. Doesn't look like the 410 has that, and obviously it's a substantially heavier machine. Any comments by 410 owners re mobility? And also footprint when at its most compact? I have a lot going on in my small shop (440sf), and parking the 300 in one corner works. Hopefully a 410 footprint when not in use will be somewhat similar?

One other question, should I pull the trigger on the 410es: does anyone have a sense for market demand for the 300? I don't see a lot of them used online, and curious how long it would take to find next owner of mine. California based, and can deliver within reasonable distance.