Thread: Laser Recommendations

Laser Recommendations

Hi everybody,

I’m looking for advice and recommendations on a 5x10’ fiber laser to cut 0.25” steel. Open to importing a machine and don’t have a particular budget in mind yet.

Thank you!

—Matt

Hey Matt, been awhile!

I'm clueless, you know I have Triumph stuff, and I've been happy with their equipment and CS, and their pricing isn't bad IMO-

Just did a quick check online, this link>> https://www.triumphlaser.com/metal-s...tting-machine/
    -- will take you to their 1500x3000 (5' x 10'-ish work area), with available 500 to 6000 watt power... and they have other machines-

That's about all I got for advice -Sheldrake has been hanging around off and on lately, hopefully he see this and chimes in, if anyone would know a good machine...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks, Kev.

I’d also like to hear from anyone that has experience with fiber cutters. I think there was someone based in Europe that got one from senfeng laser, but I could be mistaken.

I have been wondering about a fiber laser cutter vs a plasma cutter.

Might have been me. I live in Denmark and have a fiber laser from Senfeng/Leiming with a 1kW Raycus source, 1300x2500mm cutting table. It has worked trouble free for 18 months now. I cut up to 10mm steel and 5mm stainless on it.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Michael, Glad to hear your machine is working well.

Do you use oxygen or nitrogen as your assist gas? I’m a little nervous about trusting a Chinese machine with O2.