Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC3 slider blade

Mark, I think maybe terminology may be getting in the way. The Forrest WW-II is an ATB blade. It has a relatively steep angle on the corners which scores the edge of the cut nicely. I'm calling it a "combo" because it's perfectly well suited to both cross cutting and ripping unless the ripping is really thick and gnarly. It cuts sheet goods really clean, too, and matches the width of my scoring blade exactly for when I choose to employ it. I'm using a 48t 12" blade on my slider which is similar in performance to a 40t 10" blace.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

ahh, if I would have bothered to go to the Forrest website I would have seen that it was an ATB. When i read combo I was thinking ATB-R, where there is a Raker every 4th or 5th tooth (something like that). I see that the Forrest is a 20deg where as the Freuds industrials I am using are 15 deg, it’s hard for me to know how well my blade are actually cutting as i am having vibration issues with my saw but i would think that there might be some improvement with a 20 deg over the 15 but may not stay sharp as long but who knows too many variables...

thatnks for the clarification...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Mark, I think maybe terminology may be getting in the way. The Forrest WW-II is an ATB blade. It has a relatively steep angle on the corners which scores the edge of the cut nicely. I'm calling it a "combo" because it's perfectly well suited to both cross cutting and ripping unless the ripping is really thick and gnarly. It cuts sheet goods really clean, too, and matches the width of my scoring blade exactly for when I choose to employ it. I'm using a 48t 12" blade on my slider which is similar in performance to a 40t 10" blace.

There are advantages to an ATB-R for ripping as well as for cutting grooves. But I really like how the ATB slices through the material and just deal with cleaning up the bottom of things that I've "nibbled" after the fact. If you want to try the WW-II blade, Silvers Mill that I mentioned above is about the best source I've found relative to price. I think you have a Felder machine if my memory serves, and if so, the do come pre-bored for your machine including the pin holes.
    --

Blog Entries
    Is this the light green or similiar SCM Saw with the American 5/8 arbor? If it is it was suggested as the saw was bought new from the manufacturer NOT to use this saw for ripping hardwoods..We did not but a few years later it was dismantled and sold. One of the guys put there said I could get it for $600 but when I called in was told $1000. So I passed....

Jack...

--