Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clamping odd angles

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fournier View Post
    Dedicated cauls with geometry that directs the clamping pressure to bisect the joint angle is often my go to and if the glue up is a bear I glue the cauls with newsprint in the joint so the hold well enough but pop off and clean up easily.

There is no such thing as a ruined inner tube around me, I cut then into a continuous strip along the radius and these long rubber bands can be used to clamp any shape that you can create. And the price is right!
    I have a too many road bike tubes lying around, I will try it. And it will be cheaper than the rubber tubing mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Mills View Post
    I have a too many road bike tubes lying around, I will try it. And it will be cheaper than the rubber tubing mentioned earlier.
    Once you have a bunch of your tubes cut up you'll find uses for them that you never imagined!

Chair makers use large rubber bands that are made for the assembly/gluing process. The rubber bands I use are about 36" in length. They can be wrapped around the standard chair several time. If you wish greater pressure, add more rubber bands