Thread: I need some extractor vac fitting help.

I need some extractor vac fitting help.

I have a Bosch HEPPA dust extractor and I am having a hard time getting the right adapters to fit everything. For the Bosch dust extractor, I would like to be able to connect it to my dewalt DW621 router, my jet jwbs-14cs bandsaw and my Ridgid occilating sander. I have a 4” collector for all my larger tools. I have the dust right universal small port hose kit. No idea why because I feel like it doesn’t work on anything I need it for. I have mostly Bosch hand tools and a Bosch miter saw so the extractor connects great to those. But I’m struggling with the others. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by John Rice View Post
    I have a Bosch HEPPA dust extractor and I am having a hard time getting the right adapters to fit everything. For the Bosch dust extractor, I would like to be able to connect it to my dewalt DW621 router, my jet jwbs-14cs bandsaw and my Ridgid occilating sander. I have a 4” collector for all my larger tools. I have the dust right universal small port hose kit. No idea why because I feel like it doesn’t work on anything I need it for. I have mostly Bosch hand tools and a Bosch miter saw so the extractor connects great to those. But I’m struggling with the others. Any help would be great.
    The bosch hose and tool end should fit the port on the DW621 no problem, or adapter needed.

For the BS and OSS, you need a 2 1/2" hose and a couple of adapters.

https://www.ptreeusa.com/dust_adaptors.html

but lots of other places have them.

One last resource

You always can make your own adaptors using PVC pipe and heat gun. Easy and fast. I made three adaptors this way. Look for reference videos in youtu** if you decide for this way.

When I switched my shop vacuum from a Ridgid to a Shop-Vac brand, it seemed the challenge of matching hoses to dust ports became much more of a pain. I too picked up a "universal" adapter set, from where I don't remember, and it seems to be "universal" only in its uselessness.

Osvaldo is right, that PVC can be bent and reshaped (within reason) with the aid of a heat gun or a torch. You may also find Fernco adapters from the plumbing section of your favorite hardware store or big box to be a big help.
    Chuck Taylor

Good luck finding matching dust collection fittings. I believe Festool is the only company that makes their tools, hoses and dust collectors play nice with each other. At a premium price.
    I have found that liberal use of duct tape makes life in the dust collection world better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Good luck finding matching dust collection fittings. I believe Festool is the only company that makes their tools, hoses and dust collectors play nice with each other. At a premium price.
    I have found that liberal use of duct tape makes life in the dust collection world better.
    Festool's certainly play well with each other, but they also fit lots of other tools as well. They aren't the only ones though. The bosch hoses also play nice. So do a couple of others. The key is to get the ones with the rubberized tool ends. The SMALL, hard ends on most domestic brand shop vacs don't fit anything.

Makita on the other hand, sizes many of their tool ports to work with nothing. Royal PIA.

Re: the fittings, Rockler, Woodcraft, and Peachtree Woodworking all sell adapters that fit a number of tools. Like I said earlier, a 2 1/2" connection is easy for the OSS

2.5 vac PTW.jpgOSS vac.jpgFT 2.5.jpg

If you want to use your cheap "shop vac" with your sander, router, saw ect....the best thing to do is to buy a QUALITY dust extractor hose that's designed to attach to tools. You might have to clench tightly as the cost will often exceed what you paid for the vac, But, that's the price of admission and the way to avoid frustration.

this is a good one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-16-4-Fo.../dp/B0000AV78B

Perhaps more versitile:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cen-Tec-Syste...8089780&sr=8-5

Arguably the best, but at a cost:
    https://www.amazon.com/Festool-50067...8089808&sr=8-6

Well I have the $600 Bosch dust extractor that came with a really nice hose. And it connects to all Bosch products perfectly. I’m just having issues with adapters. The end of the Bosch hose can be taken off and it clicks right into my Bosch miter saw port which is great. I wish I could find adapters that I could connect and leave on my tools and then just click it in like I do with my miter saw.... it amazes me they make this all so difficult. I would pay $50 for each attachment if they made them...

Well I have the $600 Bosch dust extractor that came with a really nice hose. And it connects to all Bosch products perfectly. I’m just having issues with adapters. The end of the Bosch hose can be taken off and it clicks right into my Bosch miter saw port which is great. I wish I could find adapters that I could connect and leave on my tools and then just click it in like I do with my miter saw.... it amazes me they make this all so difficult. I would pay $50 for each attachment if they made them...

Specifically, what you desire doesn't exist.

I doubt many people would see the value in it either, making it commercially nonviable.

Curious what tools you want to do this on that your bosch hose doesn't already fit. It should fit the DW621 just fine. The hose diameter is really too small to use effectively on an OSS , so for that there's a separate hose like mentioned previously. That is plug and go and you don't have to buy a fitting for every tool. A ridgid fitting that adds length to a setup would be problematic on smaller portable tools, making them akward to handle.

I'd say your best shot to get what you want is design your own and have them 3d printed.