Thread: Advice on Buying Laser Marking Machine

Advice on Buying Laser Marking Machine

I'm looking at buying a Fiber laser marking machine (20w - 30w) to mostly do firearm slide markings. I have been looking at some of the Chinese machines on eBay and some US based sellers like Toolots. Toolots has some really bad reviews which has brought me to looking at Boss Laser and Triumph Laser. Boss and Triumph seem to be offering the same machines as eBay but at a higher price. Does anyone have any recommendations on dealing with a reputable seller / company?

Blog Entries
    I bought my two lasers from Ray Fine Technology. Chinese company and direct imported. Others also, but several have had good luck with ebay machines. I think with ebay machines, try and find seller that actually appears to work with lasers more than trinkets. Most of the sellers are just selling everything they can import and don't know anything about what they are selling. You will pay a bit more, but I think that it would be worth it. The Boss and Triumph going to look the same, as they are. Maybe tested a bit more, and a bit more attention paid to fit/finish, but not much. I would tell you based on my experience, get a 30 watt. It will cut deeper and faster. Not better, just faster.
    Oh, and there is a difference in those still sitting in China and those in California or elsewhere in the US. Tariff has most likely been paid so price is higher. Those in China will still have to have shipping and US customs paid which is still sitting at 25% I think.
    (10 original and 15% increase)
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I have had good luck with the seller Goldraydigital on Ebay very fast shipping and good support

The short version:

IF you're handy with simple electronics and hand tools, as in, you can measure voltages on power supplies and controllers, aren't afraid to pull connector plugs, can solder wires if necessary, you're okay with changing dip switches on stepper drivers, you've done some car repairs and didn't have too many leftover parts -- then give consideration to buying an ebay machine, from a seller who's sold them for more than 4 weeks. Fiber lasers are ridiculously simple machines as far as basic hardware goes... But if you're not crazy about voltmeters and sticking screwdrivers in between a bunch of wires, then definitely go with Triumph (I have 2 of their machines) or Boss or Ray Fine or some other 'reputable' Chinese seller, as the customer service you may need will be worth the higher price...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Has anyone on here bought from Ray Fine recently. I noticed that they had an issue with the FDA (https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_i...alert_255.html) but they said that it had been sorted. Is there a specific email contact for them I should be using, just want to make sure everything is secure before ordering.