Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raise height of Sawstop PCS in ICS mobile base?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Janssen View Post
    Here are some pictures I took when I assembled the saw 10 years ago in my basement shop.

Attachment 431634

Attachment 431635

Attachment 431633

Hope this helps. I don't have any pictures of the "modified" base by itself.
    You will like your SawStop.
    I made my living in the technical end of broadcasting and recording.
    Woodworking became a hobby more so after I retired.
    I have never before seen such well documented instructions as those that came with the SawStop
    Apparently I can't see your pictures without being "a subscriber"?

Become a Contributor $6, then you can see the pictures.

Well worth the 6 bucks, Brian!
    Cheers,

Tim

Well I received the saw last week and got it assembled this past weekend. My first project with the saw was to make the riser. I did as was suggested and made a torsion box although not sure you call it that since it only has one piece of plywood on top. The underside is open. Didn't really think it was necessary to make an all out torsion box since the outer perimeter of the saw base sits on the outer edge of the plywood. It's supported by the frame and metal of the ICS base. No weight is being put on the inner portion of the box.

But enough of that. It works and I'm much happier with the height now. Raised it up 2". So it sits at 36.5" now. Perfect height for me (6'4").

So now I have a another problem to tackle. The leveling feet for the right side extension no longer reach the floor. LOL I suspected this might happen. It appears that I need at least 1/2" longer threads than what the stock feet have. Maybe I can find some that are longer. I looked at Mcmaster Carr and the y have some that might work but I'm curious what those of you that raised yours ended up doing about this?

Here are a few pics... Not sure if I'll be able to see them but maybe you guys can.

I agree completely that a sawstop is too short. I raised mine to 38 inches with a custom base. It has several 2x4s on edge length wise. I integrated the extension table support and built in storage. this picture was to show the overhead but you can kind of see the base.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for sharing the pics-I’m glad I found your thread as I will need to do the same thing and yours and the others’ posts have shown that it can be done, even with the ICS mobile base.

For the too-short extension legs, I’d just make a platform of similar height and mill recesses to retain the adjustable feet.
    Last edited by Marc Fenneuff; 05-11-2020 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Typos