Thread: New T-Track/Outfeed Table is Finished!

New T-Track/Outfeed Table is Finished!

I just finished a new T-Track/Outfeed/Assembly table for my tablesaw.
    I have a small shop, and my old outfeed table was 20 years old and very warped.
    Ideas from many different t-track tables were incorporated into my table.
    I look forward to having a flat table for assembly & clamping!

General Pics

IMG_5431.jpgIMG_5426.jpgIMG_5425.jpg

The table is 48” x 66” with five t-tracks going the length of the table, with 1 track horizontally.
    It slides up to the back of my Unisaw and the top is about 1/16” below the tablesaw. The table is perfectly level side-to-side and end-for-end.

Table is 2-1/4” thick – 2 sheets of MDF and 1 sheet of 4x8 Baltic Birch – It makes the table very, very heavy.

Frame

IMG_5341.JPGIMG_5339.jpg
    Frame is made from Birch & Cherry – some shorts and other less-desirable, less-pretty looking boards, but very solid. I purchased plans from King’s Fine Woodworking – I used his shear-web frame design concept and adapted to my size.

Casters
    The casters are Woodriver Machine-Leveling Casters
    Rated for 1,320 lbs. They work great. The table moves at the flick of a hand when up on the wheels, but does not move when the feet are lowered and wheels are up

Border
    IMG_5412.jpgIMG_5413.JPGIMG_5446.jpg

I used Peruvian Walnut for the border around 3 sides of the table. T-tracks are embedded along each of the 3 sides so items can be clamped vertically on the faces of the table. I used about 6 coats of hand-rubbed GF Arm-R-Seal to “pop” the Walnut and keep glue from sticking.

I have always appreciated when someone finishes a project and shares construction details & pictures with people here on SMC.
    If people are interested, I can do more detailed writeups on construction techniques.

Any questions, let me know!

Nate

Nicely done. There's a lot of potential storage space below the top. Phase 2?

Very nice. If you have a small shop, mine must be a tiny shop. I could never fit an outfeed table that big into it. I mean I could, but I would have to stand outside and admire it.

2nd on the storage potential.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Hi Chris,

Yes - I will have 2 banks of cabinets underneath on the front side and some storage for my Festool Systainers and other stuff on the back side.
    That will be Phase 2 - I have alot of projects planned that need a flat surface for assembly.

Thanks